{ r e c e n t - t e l l i n g s }

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Celebrated Our 25 Years At The Beach

When my husband and I started talking about what we wanted to do to celebrate our 25th anniversary, the usual things came up like, dinner and a movie out, just dinner out, have a party - the usual.

We decided to take a trip to the beach instead. From where we live it's about a 4-1/2 hour drive so it takes a little planning because it's the kind of trip that means making arrangements for a neighbor and family member to keep an eye on our house and critters.


Originally we had planned on just a couples get-a-way but, we really didn't want to leave our daughter home so we made reservations for 3 at a beach side hotel...and then along came hubby's mom, sisters and some of their families who were also able to get reservations.

The weather was wonderful, which isn't always the case on the Oregon Coast, but we got lucky. We had some enjoyable family time, fun in the sand and some great seafood. I can't think of any other way I would have rather spent our anniversary.


And in honor of our special occasion the nice people at the hotel
included this on their reader board.

The trip was actually a little before the day of our anniversary, so on that evening we opted to have a quiet dinner at home with my parents over and hubby barbecuing on the new grill that was my gift to him, which he loved.

And my gift from him...

He knows me so well, or should I say he picked up on the hints I had been dropping.
So I was delighted to get this...

Great Potting Bench
made from reclaimed lumber with an old rusty horse shoe as an accent.
(Pardon the extension cords, we have construction going on and the contractors have them everywhere)

It couldn't be more perfect for me...My dear hubby isn't one to build things so he found the potting bench at a nearby garden center and, it was made locally. He has good taste and knew just which one I would like. I look forward to using it when I plant flowers in the deck planters this season, and having a place to keep my small gardening hand tools will come in handy.

What kind of fun and creative space do you have for potting plants? Please share....

Have a great day!
Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment