{ r e c e n t - t e l l i n g s }

Friday, January 11, 2013

More Rustalicious Fun And Finds

I know I've mentioned this before...I'm not sure where my fascination with rust comes from. I am always drawn to items that are rusty, or have the patina of blues and greens that goes along with rust. I just really enjoy the endless color combinations.

Recently I shared a blog post I came across on how to rust and patina small metal objects like keys, from a sweet lady by the name of Barb at Treasures From The Heart.

So I just had to give it a try . . . and here are the results.


Now what to do with these rusty little gems, I'm sure there are some craft projects that will come up. Keys and little metal pieces like the spring will definitely be on my list of things to look for at yard sales now, and I'm sure if I keep digging around here I will come across more somewhere.

Check out the tutorial at Treasures From The Heart here, and give it a try.

Other rusty goodies I thought I'd share

I found this rusty gem of a gas can holder at a yard sale and paid a whopping $2.00 for it.
It will eventually become a shelf somewhere around my home.
I love the blue and rust combo.


 This rusty little bullet hole filled bucket I found up in a tree at an old homestead site,
it just had to come home with me.

My daughter thought I was crazy for buying this super rusty oven,
but for only $4.00 I just couldn't pass it up.

I will always be on the hunt for rusty goodies, and I will definitely be doing the Rust and Patina How To again. What kind of special rusty things or projects do you have? I would love to hear about it.

God bless and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment